Sunday, July 02, 2006

We all know that sole observation of someone's demeanor is insufficient in knowing what the person is really like. It is through interaction with the subject and also words spoken by others of that person that you really get a bigger and deeper picture. I bumped into someone I know today and I've always thought of him to be a tough, independent and able person. I spotted an awkwardly huge backpack on his back that gave me the impression he was leaving for camp or something like that. Surely one can't miss such a glaringly big bulk that he was lugging about, so I asked him where he was going with a 'heavy' bag on his back. To my horror, he said home. Wow. ok, so I thought he was bringing stuff home. But no, he said, it's his laundry. Laundry? Did he just said laundry? I thought laundry was free in hall, and you rather lug one week plus (and smelly) worth of clothes home for your mum to wash? -_-"'

Was reading my friend's latest post and I couldn't agree more with what he said. He mentioned that althought he's far away and alone, he's very grateful and thankful to be given the chance to learn and grow.Hmm, I guess in one way or another, we are all fortunate people, to be able to experience different cultures, different environments and different people. Likewise, I'm thankful to be given the opportunity to finally go somewhere further. I guess it was because I never protested when my sisters had the chance to travel overseas when they were young and I was given a raincheck. Over the years, there was all talk about letting me go to the farm, but finally, I guess they were waiting for me to create the chance for myself. I suppose it really depends on how much I wanted to go all these while and back then, I knew the time wasn't right yet. It is all in His plans for me, the timing, the road He has laid out for me.

I'm thankful for the people I've met lately, thankful for the chance to know such neat and cool colleagues and new-found tennis partners. I think we can even form a volleyball team in office! Haha. Hopefully our much talked-about volleyball game will materialise before I leave! I'm gonna set up a separate blog soon, specially dedicated for my SEP, in hope to share with a larger group the knowledge and experiences I'll soon encounter. Well, the best way to learn is from other's experiences isn't it ? =)

No comments: