I couldn't have learnt more, if not for you all
I couldn't have known more, if not for your friendship
I would have considered my growth (knowledge-wise) static, had I not left that God-forsaken place. But blessed is He, who blessed me with great courage and love, that I may meet many new friends, people with countless support and love, and people whom I'm proud to call friends. I thought I was armed with sufficient knowledge, and I was almost right ...
-Till I met them, I was humbled.
-Till I met her, my tutor, my respect for anyone has never been higher (than my Guider in secondary school).
-Till I met new volleyball mates, who showed me the other side of competitiveness
-Till I met friends, whose selflessness shone through when almost each and everyone of them offered me a bed to rest on, expect for the one I'm suppose to be closest to
-Till I met my current studio mates, I've never had anyone better than this lot, of whom I've learnt much about sharing, genuine care and respect ( for everyone of us has a talent in something and there's just so much learning and sharing). I've never been treated better and I've never seen anyone treating others so well too
-Till I went to the pub, and declare it as the best tool for communication, and my friends honour the fact that I dislike beer. We can sit for hours at the pub just talking
-Till I came here, I discovered the meaning of life. I learnt to live and let go
-Till I had group discussions, I learnt to speak my mind more freely
-Till I talked to people here, I discovered a love for politics, current affairs, history and a deeper understanding of philosophy
-Till people greeted me everyday with 'Are you alrite?' and I learnt to greet them back with it
-Till they came to the farewell party, and were the last ones to leave and helped to rearrange the sofa, and dragged us out to continue the night at the club ( I stayed up subsequently to do the dishes till 5am)
-Till each one of them telling us, 'We'll miss you guys. Don't leave. We'll hold your passports back!!', and I think... I would love to stay here if I could
I think I'm going to miss them all the same. The discussions we've had, the thoughts and sentiments we shared, the debates and talks, trashing out ideas and issues, blatant frankness and oddities, new phrases and subtle kindness, the teasing and laughter, the sarcasm and Dan's singing voice. Foowah
Friday, December 15, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment