What was 2006 to you?
Just another year?
Just a mark that you've aged?
Just a sign of time gone by?
Just history?
I must admit, it was my most eventful year. A year of hardship, a year of friendships rekindled, a year of opportunities, a year of love and a year of discovery. It was a year I learnt to deal with change again, leaving my comfort zone that I've taken awhile to settle in, only to be faced with the great world out there, sometimes entirely on my own. But God has never forsaked me, for He helped me in times of trouble, he gave me strength when I was weak. It was a year of questions and being questioned. I've never had a harder time answering so many questions, leaving me humbled and deepen my quest for knowledge. It was a year when I was shown what the world was like, getting my first taste of work, travel and dealing with social issues. It was the RIBA year. The year of fear for us all. I have only God to thank for, to test my independence, to heighten my senses. I've gotten used to staying overseas on my own, but home was always near, even here. I'm thankful for the friends I've made, for offering me a place to sleep, and for friends whom I've already known, also offering a place of rest.
I am afraid to return. To return to yet another change, to the place that I've been rooted to and uprooted from, to the place 'we call home' with 200 new faces, to a new block away from my old friends. They all sound like a turbulent change to me. I wonder if this trip has toughened me up. I wonder if I can face things with a braver heart, with a will to challenge and to take up challenges. One more semester before I graduate, maybe three. Sometimes, I wonder if I'm missing out by having a soulmate with whom I can share my all burdens with, speak my whole mind, but then I remind myself, God will always be there to carry my burdens. He will be the one I speak to at night, in the day, in the place of worship or everytime I pray. If no one else listens, He does.
2007. I can't believe I'm nearing 24!!!!!! I hate age. They only tell you how you should behave.
Monday, January 01, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
yes... and february will come along sooner than you think!
erm.. how long more do you have until you get back here?
LOL
boooo... it's so unfair that your bday is in july! haha...
nah,getting kinda numb to age already I suppose. sien's already 24 for goodness sake! haha
I have 2 weeks more! I'll be in PJ for CNY as usual. Let's meet up??? You'll be working won't you? I'll be in PJ from the 16th till the 21st, so catch me in between. Or else, I'll see you in May, June or July... such a long way more
self-pity, young woman? we all miss you so much!! must come back to singapore as early as possible. welp, everyone is just too busy to care for themselve than to look at others' matter. if you want a soulmate, be one yourself to others, erm.. at least you give instead of take hoorai!!
hahah
how's school for you? How's your thesis coming along?
hmm.. the soulmate thing was just a passing comment, sparked by a discussion with some friends. Not self-pity, in fact, never self pity. That's the worst crime to commit upon oneself.
I won't be back in Singapore till.... 10 days later! Haha. See you around in school then!
Post a Comment