Monday, October 29, 2007

random rants that lead to nowhere, so beware!

You know, sometimes, too much kindness can only be a bad thing, and you know it when others start taking advantage of it. And in that situation, you start being a bit more cautious, more skeptical, more less giving, because you've been trampled upon, and do not want to be treated as a fool again. It's just human nature, you say, to scrounge and to forget one's promises, and it takes trust to build a relationship, but I think it's all B.S. People are slacking off and starting to make me perform like a donkey, speaking out loud as if I am as deaf as a mule. There will be no more such a thing as a free lunch, because nothing in this world comes free. No more sympathy, no more luxury. No More. I owe you nothing and you owe me none.

Oh, and I've also noticed that sometimes, the devil is just right beside a person. On one's own, one is perfectly fine,but sometimes, some people's partners are just pure toxic. They slowly pollute and infiltrate one's thinking and mind. That is why I cannot stand people who stick to their partners and have no mind of their own. They're like leeches who can only live life on others and whatever blood that flows into its systems, that 's the blood that it'll take. I just can't believe how some people can get so controlled by other people that they seem almost obliging, even surrendering to their demands, to some very basic decisions like what airlines not to take and what clothes to wear. My my...

Ok. Today's a sad day because I just found out that my very cute (377, I suspect) acquaintance is going for a 3 weeks leave back to his home country. I'm so going to suffer withdrawal symptoms from the lack of smiles and beautiful long eyelashes, small talks and encouragement.

Words of wisdom:
Ben just told me today that friends who are not close will ask each other 'how's school/work..etc' I wonder what will it make of friends whom you've not met for the longest time, keep dropping hints as to whether you're 'attached' or not. I've concluded that people are just
1. fishing for gossips to tell others so that they may seem to be 'in-touch'
2. dying to give out advice because they're 'experienced' (like experience is ever a measure of maturity)
3. simply cannot mind their own business because if they fail to catch a bait, then they'll proceed to ask 'what's your type'

Is there a type to begin with? If there is, my list will take many hours to write. So why bother asking for types? Won't people always want their ideals? It's as simple as that. It's like asking someone to list down the best qualities in a person that one is looking for, which always boils down to the same things, don't they? People who always ask for type strikes of as someone who's ignorant and asking just for the sake of asking, maybe something hoping for a sliver of hope? Go get a life, I say. Obviously I won't entertain such ridiculous questions because it is a plain waste of time, and everytime I say I want to live in Europe, their first reaction is, ' oh, you want ang moh'. I'm sorry, I never knew conclusions were this easy, but I wonder why do people always tend to go for the most simplistic opinions. Whenever the conversation gets cut short, it simply means that you're wasting my time and I don't have the patience to entertain you with anymore nonsense of mine, for the fear that the fire may get blown out of proportion. Then again, you see why I only rather stay in touch with a few, some out of obligation. When I like something, I'll reveal it to you, but if you see no revelations, you're not worth my time whatsoever. Not that I'm saying I'm such a precious thing, but balance works such that there is mutuality between both parties, and when there is no reciprocity, please, take the hint and leave.

Ok. November is here, September has gone and October strolled past. I hope things will pick up soon!



* chao, if you're reading this, i miss you! hope to see you in dec?? sorry, haven't been updating nor dropping by your blog to say hi. been occupied lately, but i'll be home(pj) from dec 21st onwards! will you be around?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

my dear sheepie,

haha.. no worries. can tell ur bz since nothing much up lately (despite my colleague getting scoops on our angkasawan).

yeah, will be around. will be waiting =)

-chao- who's lazy to sign in :p

lostsheep said...

when will you be on facebook??!!?!?!?

even chern's on it. quick join!

ZJ said...

malas la... i wanna see how the interface looks like first!

L!an said...

i love your rants. tsk.

lostsheep said...

ah lian!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i miss you too!!!!!
i think my rants have too much negativity. argh!

hope things are well for you. I seriously can't wait to see you relaxed! Heard you're joining the marina south competition too. Take care ok??? You superwoman! Haha

chao! don't be malas! trust me, it's worth the effort. better than friendster.