I was just reading an article which made me reflect much on daily conversations with people. Over time, I've learned to observe the way people talk and respond to questions. I notice that a lot of people, more often than not, get carried away with a conversation that puts them through as egoistical or a know-all. Of course birds of the same feather tend to bask in it as well, but most of the time, the conversation ends up pretty mindless and wasteful. I know there's nothing wrong with talking crap, but I don't know why people can't be more mindful about their speech. People always seem eager to voice out their thoughts and speech. I need to be more mindful of mine too, for I often appear cynical or a vented out pot. I collect my thoughts, play them over in my mind, and then gush everything out at unbeatable speed.
Sometimes we say unnecessary things, things that may impact the way others think or spoil a relationship. Unnecessary words that stir emotions or anger or rife. We should all speak of truth and kindness, speak only when necessary but not do damage unto others. After all, who are we to play the Devil's advocate.
Thursday, March 06, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment