Wednesday, September 10, 2008

In all things give thanks.

Step 1: Release all frustrations.
Step 2: Ask yourself why you're frustrated
Step 3: Drop all expectations and start anew.
Step 4: Reaffirm your renewed strength.
Step 5: Praise God and give thanks. Be grateful.

It took me awhile to complete the process, the whole afternoon in fact. I now understand why Freud uses the couch, and in the same manner, I reached my subconscious lying on the bed, just thinking away. Thoughts just flowed through, and events just played back in my mind, things I've achieved through hard work and determination. Dreaming is just the first step, but to get there, you've got to work towards it. And it can never happen if you hinder yourself. Let yourself be free and so will your body, and one day, you're there already. Looking back, it was never a smooth ride. It had always started with rough patches, aches and bruises. It took trust, courage and encouragement to attain the goal.

A lesson that was taught to me early this week was to learn how to withhold all judgments whilst experiencing inner strength. I tried to control it, but it overcame me. That humbled me. Learning to open up that way had not been easy.

Thank God for reminding me sooner. It's better than worrying whole week and burdening the mind with wandering thoughts. I take this challenge and hope to see myself transformed.
I'm just grateful for the encouragement from friends and that particular tutor who had more faith in me than I do myself. Keeping everything crossed!

No comments: