"When we least expect it, life sets us a challenge to test our courage and willingness to change; at such a moment, there is no point in pretending that nothing has happened or in saying that we are not ready. The challenge will not wait. Life does not look back. A week is more than enough time for us to decide whether or not to accept our destiny."
I am truly proud of the KR raggers despite the outcome and disappointment of not wining the Chancellor Shield. Even I thought that the presentation for our hall this year was the best. We've managed to get the Gold award for Flag, best Flag collection and most environmentall friendly float. Truthfully speaking, I knew that Best Design and Best float were out of the question, but I thought we were close to winning best presentation, but i guess our neighbours managed to get the better of us. Deep down in me, there is a slight regret for not becomming the designer this year,on the other hand, I had to choose between hall or archi. I guess practicality got the better of me, but I should have dreamed bigger. Probably it was the wait for the results that killed my desire to win the Best Design float and also the knowledge of knowing that my fellow raggers have all decided against joining rag this year. Also, what kept me from staying long hours in the beginning of the final month was the bond that was non-existent and the slow pace of work. I recalled vividly that around that time last year was a different scenario altogether. All of us were too busy to eat and sleep, what more go out. Seeing their attitude kept me demoralised. However, my senses only got the better of me later, seeing a friend stressed and in trouble ( a scene that I have never seen before myself). I could only do my part in asking the seniors to go down and help them in whatever way I can. However, I must say that I've grown quite fond of the current raggers along the way and they really make me feel intergrated with the team. I would have loved to help them design cladding and a lot more, but they should not learn to depend too much on the seniors. I know mg has done a lot, too much in fact, and he pampers the team, he has a soft spot for them, haha, but the team was seriously lacking discipline. Anyway, I think the validation of float is a complete waste of time. I was the validator for KE7 and I think NUSSU's just being a big ass. Valdation is not all that fun and the KE7 rag chair is just damn sexist.
Even more amazingly, after only one month of rag, I'm already feeling a bit empty because I now do not need to go downstairs to help out, meet old friends, be greeted by the raggers themselves, meet seniors. I miss the atmosphere. I miss the breakfast together. I miss the bonding time with them. I wonder how will this year's rag team fare in terms of bonding as comapared to last year's. I always find comfort in the knowledge of knowing that my batch of raggers are around, though YY has left for Beijing.
ahh... rag... another sweet memory for me.
Time to concentrate on school again and adjust my hours.... to sleep earlier at 4am as compared to 10am during rag period. Haha.... Looking forward to an excellent semester ahead. I've got a good feeling about it.
No comments:
Post a Comment