Thursday, August 25, 2005

Of twsited thoughts and the inner-self

I know this is wrong, morally and ethically, but the freedom of speech prevails, doesn't it? Anyway, after reading some of my friends' blogs, I realized that there is a common trend that is apparent in the 3 blogs I have read. 3 very different personalities on their own, yet they're a clique whose minds seem to converge when they are together. Think 'group think'.

I was trying to elevate my boredom and the mononity of design as I do not usually read blogs that I feel are not worth reading, things that involve mundane daily activities, about what they ate, where they ate, who they met, what they did with their partners, showing a lovey-dovey pair, blissfully in love, or talking about their own seemingly messed-up life after breaking up with their bfs/gfs.

However, my rationalization got the better of me when I was enlightened by the fact that (after reading the blogs a few times) they constitute the majority of the people I know around me. Ok, apart from probably the lack of fluency in English to fully express their thoughts and feelings, I realized that the 3 of the represent the norms of society in a way.

One just broke up with her boyfriend. However, the image of him still haunts her. After four months, she still finds it difficult to let go. And being a Christian herself, she has not asked God for directions until now. Now, I question this very act. If we are strong in faith, won't we be seeking God the minute we break up? In fact, we should be seeking God everyday in everything that we do, be it in times of joy or sorrow. The path she chose was to seek comfort in friends around her, some more experienced, some less. I perceive that as her looking for the imperfection in others to console herself. Furthermore, she occasionally sends out mails and smses to him to check on him. She asks him from time to time if he still loves hers, if he still misses her or whether he is seeing others. His answer to her is the same each time, 'No' and he has told her a million times over that he doesn't love her anymore. Now, how difficult is it to understand simple statements like these? I realized that in all that we do, regardless of the failure, we cannot pick ourselves up easily. We still attach a moment of hope that can rectify the problem, and yet not seek ways to overcome the hurdle. The weakness of the human soul without God is a mere pile of ashes.

The girl finds her source of strength from someone else, who is facing a difficult period on her own but in a different manner and I find this somewhat disturbing.

Girl #2 was a girl who nearly experienced love. She got really close to someone, but they fell out before they could even start. OK, so no big deal right? Yeah, probably to most of us , say after 3 months or so? Since we've never really started, so no strings attached, no solid feelings formulated. BUT, this girl, after one year, still dreams upon a shinning star that someday, they could end up together. She cries at times thinking of him. She blogs about her feelings for him, how she wishes for his happinness. She writes about how sometimes, she wishes for him to be at certain events of hers, wishing he could see her happy.

Hello, I think this girl is living in a fairytale and has watched too many dramas. That is the problem of our idiot-box nation. The movie industry offers a wide range of shows, good and bad, but people are not discriminate enough to select worthy shows, but instead go for those that far romanticizes human relationships. People don't know how to strike a balance when it comes to reality and fiction. To them, the more appealing one wins. Could I blame the Asian values and culture to be the factor that negates all sense of logic and rationalization?

Furthermore, girl #2 goes round telling it like it was the greatest love story on earth whereas the guy has chosen to keep mum about it, probably embarassed by the fact that it didn't work out. Well, things in life are unpredictable. Whatever that comes is not constant. Our relationships with people are forever evolving, multiplying. Now, the question is, who would you see as the psychopath?

To be continued later after studio. Haha.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

MIEN HUEI!!! your blog is boring!!! update can!!?!??!?!