Tuesday, September 20, 2005

TAW and P1

Wow. Six weeks of school and it feels like the end of the sem already. This is the first time doing group design project for all of us actually (not counting Vertical Studio which I consider a FLOP... yesh,floppy buuny ears bouncing around waiting to be chopped up for rabbit bak kut teh). Of course, the ups and downs of group work is inevitable, but I think, and I really think that I actually enjoyed my design team! Both design projects had people whom I can work with (minus the first one but it's passable- I'm forgiving enough ok!) Well, got stuck with that fella for my HR proj(gosh, I'm too direct!) Well, he knocked my model over during submission last sem and didn't even bother to apologise, so it's a deep ingrained erm.. 'repulsion' for that fella. Then again, I'm sympathetic and shall be forgiving for not everyone has bad intentions.

To err is human, to forgive divine

Somehow, studio seems to be a smaller group this time. Must be due to the 10 ppl who are over at Korea enjoying themselevs to death, and the few who got retained. We have 4 girls and 4 guys plus two koreans. Haha. Even with 8 ppl and 2 exchange students, I didn't know that scandals could occur so fast. I guess guys are most of the time skin-deep as Gigi would put it. Well...... the scandal is... (P_R) has a crush on a pussy cat! Haha. She's pretty, no doubt. But her claws are sharp too! Meow! See those retractable claws behind her heavily made-up front. I'm just thankful that I was not in the same group as her. Meowwwrrr! Or claws would have clashed! Well, thankfully Boss decided to take out that fella from my initial group too. Heng ah. Or else I'd have died of over-dose.

Too much of something, is bad enough...


To wrap it all up, I think I did learn a lot, designing as a group. Well, we practically met up everyday,weekends included! Never have I been so busy as compared to this sem! Gosh. Though crit didn't go as well as I'd like it to be (well, for others too), we had some fun times. Had a nice welcome dinner after crit for the Koreans (Korean cos H's sis is in town)... went to taka for dinner and ate an expensive choc cake which upmarket kitty bought. Witnessed an amusing mime by cher n yq over dinner (which was how I found out about the crush). Then we went to Kallang to have a drink at a pub/bar called cosy bay. Nice environment. Music's not so good. Drinks were a bit limited in choice ( I am a failed teetotaller but at least I don't drink beer, heh). Despite trying to start conversations, there's a feeling that the studio can't really click as one yet. By far, looking at my previous studios, I guess this one's not too bad. I'd say that most of the time, 3/4 of the studio mates will click. For stats, that's good enough. Oh well, that's the ideal, but we're all living in the real world.

One man's meat is the other man's poison

Since only half a sem has passed and we all have one whole year together, I'm looking forward to more gossips, and hopefully I'll get to know them all better! I shall be nice to everyone, yes including that fella. It's really not his fault for being like that. Haha.

I think I'm quite screwed up this sem. Must focus more on work and play less. Can't believe I submitted a tutorial late this sem and my HR report had to be postponed! Major screw up in years! Praying for the best, yet to come, soon will arrive and perhaps tomorrow?!?!?!

Lord walk with me..

p/s= having a burning desire to read Sophie's World second time round. Will do so when I have the time. Urgh. Time... why have you gone AWOL???

No comments: