Wednesday, November 09, 2005

This sem has not been entirely smooth going for me. I guess it was the overload of work and bad groups. I guess it's fated to have bad groups this sem (minus design) but I could also see it in the positive light as to how I could manage myself and my relationships with others. It was a test that I would not so proudly say I have passed only 50%. The only consolation I have for myself is that I have spoken out my discontentment, rather than sitting back like some idiot waiting to be stepped on and in the end causing only harm to myself. I think I have learnt a lot this sem. Perhaps not so much academically, unlike last sem, but more on the intangible, humanistic side.

I learnt how to sense more accurately, to read people better and to revise my interpretation of people. I found wonderful new friends both in hall and archi. I found my friendship with old friends growing stronger than ever. And the best thing that I have discovered is, QUALITY friends are a million times better than a boyfriend! From yummy choc nougat biscuits and to the 2 little elves/ umbrella men, to a friend who was willing to spend more time on me than her bf cos she said her bf will take care of her, to friends who offered me bird's nest, to friends who helped me finished off my model cos I was at the state of delirium, WOW, I think I couldn't ask for more than I already have. Seriously, I think I've failed miserably as compared to them. I think the Lord has blessed me million fold this sem as He did last sem. Thanks to the two little elves sent from above. You know who you are and and I owe you two a big dinner!

Perhaps this was a semester to test what my future would be like. I used to think that having a bf is not impt if you have really good friends. I think, now it has been certified true. I rather have 10 quality friends to depend on than one bf to talk to. I rather have 10 quality friends to spend time with rather than 1 bf. Some may think otherwise. I used to be pretty upset when my friend brings her bf along each time we go out. I sort of understood then because I guess she wanted me to know him well. That's the kind of friend I'm talking about. Making sure that we all know her bf well so that everyone is comfortable. Nowadays, it's just us again, of course with him once in a while.

Ok, perhaps it's not just bfs. I guess it applied vice versa as well. I guess, basically, it's a lesson that says friendship beats a romantic relationship anytime.

It's quite easily shown, people who are concerned for you, who keeps pestering you to strive harder, to work faster, who talk to you... they all ask out of concern. And if you shun them or ignore them many times over, I think it's the biggest crime to commit. as you would not only lose a QUALITY friend, but additional love and care. As I've said, 10 times of friendship love beats 1xromantic love anytime, any day, anywhere. Perhaps, we should all start counting the number of people who would go the extra mile for us as a gauge, and also in return, the extra mile you yourself would go for them in return.

I've been there, done that. Next sem, it'll be another lesson learnt. More like a reminder to me on not to lose touch with the world around me. I'm glad I'm still learning so that I do not falter later on in life.

I'm so glad for hall. So glad for meeting the right people. So glad for angels from above. I couldn't really ask for more. K, I'm still overwhelmed by the kindness showered upon me this sem. I think despite all the cock-ups that happened, I've really learnt how to deal with such situations in the future. How blessed am I!

I think I have much more to reflect on, to philosophise about. But I do have a HR exam tomorrow and hence i've gotten out the most pressing parts of my thoughts in order to allow me to continue studying peacefully.

To everyone out there, Happy Studying! Looking forward to the Chirstmas hols!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

uh huh... i'm a little elfie... -_-"

lostsheep said...

yea... next time shall provide the elves with more motivation to come to the studio ... perhaps permanent korean chicks?