Flowers, the theme of the year. The chrysanthemums were well selected this year, in beautiful shades of pink, red and yellow.
The red carnations were simply hot!
The mark of another year gone
Of course, never forgetting the quintessential shopping...
I returned home early this year, well earlier than previous years. I was excited to distribute my gifts, meet my uncle and aunty whom I've not met for ages and of course, mahjong with the family. The air was familiar, the sights were refreshing and the sounds, quieter at new year. I'm always heading in the opposite direction from the main crowd. Most people leave the city. I return to it. The newspaper showed Penang bridge jammed up. Chao had the longest drive to penang in her life (10 hours!). The roads in Pj? Perfect for driving! Haha. I love the quiet atmosphere, the lack of people and lazing at home. Ok, got a scolding from chao for not messaging her. Not that I don't want to, I was simply... too lazy to go online, and had no phone with me this time round. Blek. We went out almost everyday, either to makan or to shop. The three of us kept going back to the nyonya stall in 1U because we missed eating onde-onde so much (I'm too lazy to make anyway) and I had my seri muka (still haven't had the jemput pisang and pulut inti yet). Don't ask me to eat nyonya kuih from B.Solo. Continuing our food affair, we had the best lunch at Choong Foong at Kampung Subang. The 'Si Yau Har Wong' was simply divine. Hmm... and dinner at Overseas Restaurant was good, especially the char siew and siew yok.
Hmm.. mid terms are over. Enough dreaming for now.
It's about time to pick up the pace and dash for the finishing line.
It's about time to pick up the pace and dash for the finishing line.
3 comments:
actully 10 hrs trip wasnt the longest. the worst was pg-haadyai-phuket i think 15 hrs... cant remember. too long ago.
who wont wanna be annoyed when someone said she'll sms when she's back in pj?? sigh...how can? dont u usually use ur aunt's phone?
at least that's pg-phuket. but kl to pg??? the usual 3 1/2 hours journey? ka chui tia liao!
yeah, i usually do, but my uncle came back and he got the phone first (naturally). I wanted to buy a sim card but the thought of maintaining it made me think twice. I lost rm100 (thankfully half of it was free credit) the last time because I was in Singapore and forgot to top up after 3 months.Too much hassle when I have so many things to juggle.
I'll see you in May or June? You'll still be in Puchong, right? Hopefully you'll have normal working hours by then!!!
la... just pinjam phone no need to get simcard wat, just to say ur back only!!
working on getting a new job. trying!
Post a Comment