skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Was cleaning up the files in my comp when I stumbled upon my Year 1 sem 2 project. This was one of my all-time favourites, partly due to the tutor and partly due to its execution. And I like the model a lot cos it was wholly handmade with patience and tender loving care! I miss doing hand -drawings, I miss having 1 weeks for drawings and 1 week for model making. I miss the small scale buildings. Talked to ming today and he commented that my style is to work in small parts and to put them together as a whole. LOL. I guess I'm not a big project kind of person? I like working with comfortable scales, human scale. Not gigantic massive structures that are just pompous and grand for the sake of being iconic and whimsical. I like public spaces; parks, narrow streets, intimate landscaped squares, not just any large disorientating shopping mall. It's just my take anyway. I think growing up in Penang contributes to it, it being a compact town with narrow streets and shophouses.
Anyway, I should stop complaining. An architect should be competent in any area, just different in terms of specialization and preference. It's sad how the materialistic world just kills the job. People, doing things for the sake of money. That's being realistic isn't it? What ever happened to chasing dreams? Whatever happened to believing that dreams are still possible? We all build dreams on different platforms. Who will be the one to triumph in the end?
Just hope that crit goes well tomorrow. I realized that I've shortchanged myself, again, because my panels are lacking a lot of key information!!! I now have to rely on my speech and model. I hope, that model will work its magic. 
Kindergarten in the Garden
No comments:
Post a Comment