Monday, April 09, 2007

The Hamper? Haha. I won this cute little thing from a 'guess the tin can' competition. It's quite funny actually. This is my first hamper prize. Well, distributed some out to my wonderful neighbours anyway. Every joy should be shared :) Anyway, the correct amount of tin cans was 740 and my guess was the closest at 777. lucky or what? hoohooo..


Next, a recap of the long road to the end.

First, it started of with small units, aggregation as it is called.
Playing around to see if I can get a nice combination.After much permutation and combination, it was finally reduced and selected. In between the picture you see now and later was a dark and stormy period of designing and working things out.
Finally, the plans are finalised, lasered and ready to be assembled. Mind you, it's in 1:500 because it will be too big in 1:200. Anyway, smaller model means lesser time and a need for delicate handling.
The doctor is at work. The facade was a last minute decision. All in all, it took me 10 hours to laser the cute model. Angry at the time wasted, but happy with the product. It's so cute! This is my smallest model ever!
Tadaaa~ Completed at 0400hours on Monday morning. My angels have delicate fingers. Sure, there are sengeted walls, but it looks so cute!! I've been labelled insane many times over as a sign of frustration. I'm just glad, that it's over, minus crit on Thursday. I wouldn't have made it tthrough this sem without the sincere help of people around me, constant encouragements and support. I am again reminded of why I chose to come back to stay in hall: not because it is near studio, but the friendships made here are just... priceless.


Would you like to live here? ;)

4 comments:

ZJ said...

whoo.... nice work girl!

intricate and delicate and lotsa patience in there!

lostsheep said...

thanks! had someone to help me with it. the model took 10 hours to laser, 7 hours to build. *pengsan*. it's my final project, just wanna get it righ. weehee. *keeping my fingers crossed*

just listened to the ouran ost. niceeeeeeeeee! thanks! muaks!

L!an said...

ahhahahhaha.. insanely small model! sorry for the senget walls n glue stains! couldn't help it. my fingers were way too big.

lostsheep said...

nah, you did a great job!!! really really appreciated it. and a lot of people said it looks great ;). you've got delicate hands my dear.

hugzzzzzzz