Sunday, July 13, 2008

I always wonder, why is it that each time after I leave a 'phase', I find it harder and harder to keep in touch. Keep in touch through meeting up, that is. It's rather hard nowadays to make appointments with friends just to 'meet up'. We work 5 days a week, rest 2 days. So assuming you keep your friday nights for meeting up. In a month, you have 4 cycles of 'meeting up'. That's assuming everyone is free to do so. If not, we postpone and postpone until consensus is reached. Then we meet up.

Why is it first and foremost so difficult to find time for 'self', hence what more for others? I suppose it's just a natural progression of life. We make friends, we learn from each other, have sweet memories, and then when the 'phase' is up, we move one, keeping good memories and promises to 'meet up'. But as time passes by, we make new friends and the cycle continues. I suppose that is the reason why keeping in touch is difficult. We fall out, our interests change, we change, they change. But the best part I would like to believe is that, in falling out with old buddies, we meet new ones, and we learn from them. Of course, nothing beats a good old friend, but moving on allows us to see the bigger world out there.

Thank goodness for the virtual world, which allows us to be everywhere with everyone at once.

No comments: