Thursday, July 10, 2008

There's something about the weather today, but I certainly do not know what.

Firstly, I collected my repaired slippers from the cobbler today. What I told him was 'The other side please' (because that was what he told me to ask for when I sent it to him for repair). So he searched high and low for the 'other side'. When he found it, I whipped out $5, and he asked me, 'How much did I charge you last time?' '$5', I said. 'Sure it wasn't $10?', he replied, with a skeptic look. 'No, you actually charged me a dollar for it', I said jokingly. Before I knew it, he typed $4 in his register! I was so delighted and shocked.

Anyway, this is good customer service. No wonder his business is thriving so well. How nice of him to give me a dollar discount. Things do happen when you least expect it!

The second incident.
I received last month's utilities bill. Well, I do know that since my housemate was hardly around last month, the bill would drop by a lot this month, and when I tore open the envelope, I was shocked to see a -$10.24!!!!!
Wow. I've never ever had a negative bill before and in this case, it was not because my sis overpaid last month. I suspect that since the services board estimates bills every alternate month, they have been overcharging. And it was so overcharged that it offset my water and trash collection, plus I have -$10 to bring forward. Anyway, I did a quick check on the website and found out that electricity tariff has been going up every quarter. That's damn gross. In Malaysia, it only happens like once every... godzillion years. And Selangor is getting free water! It's as though companies here are increasing prices just to increase their profits.

No comments: