Monday, October 24, 2005

Counting down

"Pitiful is the person who is afraid of taking risks. Perhaps this person will never be disappointed or disillusioned; perhaps she won't suffer the way people do when they have a dream to follow. But when the person looks back-she will hear her heart"


Urgh. I think I suffer from ADHD. My sis claims she does. Haha. Perhaps it's genetic?

Anyway, had the urge to pen down (type) some thoughts after a brief conversation with a good friend from home. She managed to get to study Med in London after 2 1/2 yrs of doing it locally (twinning prog) and she's happy because her bf got someplace nearby (and also cos it's UK). Congrats to the both of them. Seems like med students at home enjoy a lot... ( but I think her communication skills have deteriorated by the dozens). Anyway, that means both my dustbin daughters will be in UK, and if I decide to go for SEP, my, what a Happy Family!!!Yay... she can be my travel companion... heh..

Anyway, could people become more bimbotic as they age? Maybe there are two paths that one can follow, become more mature or become more erm... air-headed (is there such a term as air-headed?)

Another classmate of mine is having an engagement party end of this month. :( Boo... I'm not invited .. cos I'm not in Penang. 22 years old... and getting engage. Now, that's a scary thought. It's like another friend of mine who gave birth a few weeks back and she's only 24. Life is passing by and I've been living in this hole of mine. How come I'm missing out the bulk of the fun? Or am I not? Slogging away in studio sounds fun I guess. Well, it is fun.

"'I wonder if I've been changed in the night? Let me think: was I the same when I got up this morning? I almost think I can remember feeling a little different. But if I'm not the same, the next question is 'Who in the world am I?' Ah, that's the great puzzle!'"
- Alice in Wonderland-

Why am I sitting still, letting the world pass me by when I should be the one in it? Am I missing out what 22-year-olds should be doing? What should they be doing exactly? Out partying? Figuring what their mission in life is? Dating around? Travelling the world with their parents' money? Working to pay for unnecessary expensive goods? Joining missions to spread the word of God? Looking for ways to make the world a better place? Shopping on bottomless pockets looking for pretty things to doll ourselves up with? Following every episode of some reality show so much so that we talk about it everyday as though it was part of our lives?

Come on, I think we've all lost focus on being ourselves. The reality of being where we are, with what we do now. And in this search, I guess the knowledge of self and the awareness of being is vital to understanding others.

Oh yeah, and I cannot stand hypocrites nor can I stand sloths. Off with their heads!


"You have to take risks. We will only understand the miracle of life fully when we allow the unexpected to happen."



*4 pairs of authentic pearl earrings await me at home. thanks for remembering!! glad for the safe journey home.
** Oh yeah, NICOL!!! you did CGLians proud!!! Brit Open champion 4 times over in all categories! You go girl! Show the world that Malaysia Boleh! Hehe.. Looking forward to seeing you as No. 1. No. 3 must be really far behind now. Go rock the courts and seize the world!


"When we least expect it, life sets us a challenge to test our courage and willingness to change; at such a moment, there is no point in pretending that nothing has happened or in saying that we are not ready. The challenge will not wait. Life does not look back. A week is more than enough time for us to decide whether or not to accept our destiny."

No comments: