Saturday, October 22, 2005

Sticking my head deeper into the ground

Quoting from a friend's blog without permission, hehe... but I guess everybody has the same sentiments. Saves me the trouble of having to explain my own frustrations cos I don't want to. It's much easier not say anything and to channel negative energy into positive ones. Here's the excerpt.

"I wonder if other ppl from other courses will understand or go thru the same type of mental torture we haf. I am not referring to the typical piaing and rushing work and having sleepless nights. They are harmful and disturbing but still typical.
Who can feel the pain of ur design changing and changing and ideas not understood by others or deemed not good. and u racked the hell out of ur brain. When such things happen, one will be led into this mentality or at least set one thinking if he/she is not cut out to be in the course. When that happens, one will eventually lose oneself, one's focus, confidence, goal etc. And finally u are lost. Even if it is not the similar torture, i am sure other ppl from other courses may experience this from another way."


I guess the so-called plight of the architecture student can only be understood by those in the profession. It's always great to have friends from other fields to keep ourselves sane and in balance, but it's also great to be in the comfort of fellow archi friends so that we can all pity ourselves and drown in our sorrows together, fight our battles together.

United we stand, divided we fall. How very true.

Submission's round the corner. Hope I keep my sanity.

No comments: