Saturday, April 15, 2006




























Can't believe I ran into the Children's section to borrow this book.Worse still, it was classified under ages 10-12. Gasp, are children getting smarter to read classics at that age?

Trying to finish up her collection after having read 'The Five Children and It', 'Railway Children', 'The Enchanted Castel' and 'The Phoenix and the Magic Carpet' eons ago. Left with 'The Wouldbegoods' and 'The Amulet'. I'll think twice before borrowing the other two.

Come to think of it, I nearly grabbed a few Asteriks on the way out of the Children's section.

Boo, how dare they discriminate and segregate!



It has been awhile since I've read something so heart-warming. It's nice, just to read a proper book once again, one that actually transports you into another place. long live classics!

3 comments:

whatsthatfluffinmyhead said...

woah.. what's this story thing about? looks a bit like narnia.. hehe

lostsheep said...

It's typical Edith Nesbit's style. Children fairy tale... something like Enid Blyton, but not so erm- 'kiddish', Her style of writing is fantastic, can lend you the book once I'm done. tehehehee.. it's a nice read! But don't roll your eyes at me if it's not your type! =P

ZJ said...

char bor.... all kids version of classic are super duper easy-fied liao ler.

try giving them King Lear unabridged version. they'll use it for paper planes =p