Tuesday, April 18, 2006

It took them many e-mails before deciding to tackle the matter themselves, but I'm glad that it now seems better. It's too early to speak, but my connection seems more stable now. Thank goodness. Better late than never. The comp centre guy actually called me and provided me with step-by-step solution on my comp through the phone. How cool is that? The reason for doing that was that he said they aren't allowed to go to students' rooms to troubleshoot, so calling is the only way. Worse still, they can monitor my comp from there. Freaky. Think i must have sounded like some bimbo to him when he used some comp jargons on me. Grrr... time for me to read-up more!

Anyway, I'm glad and sad that this semester's coming to an end. There's still one 'exam' left on Thursday and I'm praying REALLY hard that I won't kena the external examination. Who wants to be scrutinized by WongMS??? He's the God of Details here man. Don't know if it was a good thing to be last at crit yesterday. At least the crit panels were only tackling one studio. They're tackling two today. Well, er... generally so-so, minus a few slip-ups here and there... I wasn't meticulous enough, and they asked me to rearrange my panel.

OBL: "Bring that panel up. That pattern there seems to want to speak to the pattern in the other panel. You should put the more attractive ones on top and the not so colourful ones below."

!@%@#%##$^^#$^--------------#@%%@%# ???????

Prof TSL: No la, her sections are nice, just that the lineweights are too light! Cannot see. So light!

Well, apparently OBL remembers my scheme from interim, good or bad, I'm not sure. At least he didn't bring up the topic of Tea leaf pavilions this time! Heng ah! WYC talked the most. At least he made sense, not like the other one who asked me why I put plants 'here and here and here'.

Anyway, that's over, and it was celebrated with studio dinner. Prof Tse was so worried about us spending a bomb on food. She was even more worried when the dessert plates come out. "Wah, you all ordered some more food? Aiyoh, don't spend so much" . I'm just so thankful that I had her. She tries her very best and mothers us all. She's the type who'll reignite the passion that drove us to take up architecture in the first place. For some at least.

Archi, each of us develop according to our tutors, according to our friends. 3 years gone. 1 more to go. Her words yesterday more or less confirm my decision to do a year out before continuing with Masters. Having affirmation from someone who really believes in you, wants the best for your education and personal development, well...nothing beats that.

Final push! Step on the pedal everybody!

No comments: