Sunday, August 31, 2008

I'm getting my priorities wrong. I seem to be spending more time on my TA thing than on thesis prep.

It's funny how the non-archi students are more 'concerned' about their work than the archi students themselves, considering this is a compulsory module for archi. So far, my emails come from non-archi students who obediently emailed me their presentation topics whilst the archi students must be thinking...aiyah, tmr then email la. Anyway, it's their loss. No email means no feedback. I've already told them no overlap in presentation topic, plus if they email me, I would be able to let them know in advance if they need to engage the topic more... No wonder L said it's the arts students who will excel in essay writing...

I hate to generalize, but even for myself, I think the
archi students have very nonchalant attitudes. Sometimes I'm like that too. We always find excuses for ourselves to be busy when we really do not need to. I suppose the 'archi mentality' needs to be shaved off from the very first year. People should stop telling horror stories and stop psycho-ing themselves that this is one damn hard course. Then again, sometimes it has served me well. I shall not elaborate... hehehehehe

Looking forward to an interesting seminar ahead, plus another avalanche coming at me soon.

No comments: