Monday, August 11, 2008


I've found a use for Alice. That's my new notebook, a gift from a friend.
Ultra handy and I finally know what I shall use it for.



That's me and my cat.


My new place! Shall hope to plan a housewarming in Sept or Oct, if all goes well :)
With some good lighting and industrial furniture, I think it'll look perfectly fine.
Yes Cheryl, good idea. ;)



Thanks to L's grinding, I've found that the readings are surprisingly easier to read and understand. Plus, they're all typically her. No wonder the rest are so shocked by it. Looking forward to some good fun in class! I really have got to go back to my dissy soon!!!


* I'm still pissed at insensitive neighbours who outrightly place their prayer tables at my front door when they have so much corridor space at their side. And who gets the incense and ashes all over the front? I'm so tempted to say 'typical S*reans' but that will just render me as insensitive, but I'm sorry, THAT IS JUST A FACT SOMETIMES. I know not all are like that, but majority of them are. In the trains, on the road, in the restaurant. I symphatize with them but I cannot tolerate insensitivity. Back home, we do not eat in front of our Malay friends who are fasting because it is purely insensitive. We are taught to tolerate and respect others. Why can't people here just do the same? Even rental ads are so outrightly racist. It may save people time in searches, but it is still not tactful enough. Why can't everyone be Christians (or Hindus) and not pollute the earth with unnecessary paper burning? I may be blunt, but yes, that is the truth.

4 comments:

whatsthatfluffinmyhead said...

Oh dear, perhaps u could tell them nicely to pls remove their prayer table awAY FROM YOUR FRONT DOOR OR ELSE YOU'RE GOING TO GET A STRAY DOG TO POOP ALL OVER THEIR FRONT DOORRRR!!!



Haha just try to find the time to tell them nicely lah. And if they retaliate like some annoying and childish S'poreans, ask them how would they like it if there's a lifesized statue of Jesus in front of their door. Erm. Not such a good idea, but yah. Kekeke.

It's so 'easy' to find a house, but how do you ever get to choose your neighbours! :X

whatsthatfluffinmyhead said...

And yah, I agree with u, why are some Singaporeans so.. insensitive?

I guess perhaps it's the mentality of being too selfish, being caught in the rat-race, the general culture of meritocracy and thereabouts and that 'aiyah I dun need to be considerate to u, cos that's probably the one and only time I'll ever see u' perspective.

I think 'we are taught to tolerate [but not] respect others' through our inconsiderate nature. Boo.

Well I think the only way to remedy this frustration is to think about the times when you've met other gracious Singaporeans I guess. :P Like people who've said thankew, held the door open forchu, apologised when they stepped on ur foot.. errrr yah lor. What to do?? :(

Anonymous said...

whoa sheepie.... that's a little sensitive woi...

im not so crazy about taoist burning incense or the 'once-a-year-buddhist' which similarly going to a workshop yearly doesnt make them a mechanic.

but yeah, that's just the civic mindedness and lack of cowsense to hog neighbouring space.

on other lighter note, cute cosy new place you got. cool blue :)

lostsheep said...

sorry chao. anger at the moment blew me away because my house was choked with smoke and incense. I respect your religion. I guess there are black sheep everywhere. I still wish people do it at the temple rather than outside my door if they lack space.

yup, it's a cosy lil place. wait till i set up the lights and bookcase. do drop by if you're in sg!

cheryl, well said. you're right. it's more like lack of respect than toleration. but i'm glad there are considerate and respectful ones like you! thank God!