Tuesday, August 05, 2008

It's one more week before school reopens. What happened to those sweet 3 months?

I remember vaguely...

May was the start of dissy, struggling to write and work out a framework.
June was working on dissy, thinking that we have 2 more months to hand-in. Sounds like plenty of time.
July was working on dissy, thinking 'oh, shit, one month left', but still feeling rather calm.
August was panicking on dissy, thinking 'oh no, 2 weeks left!!!!!'
September will be rushing to clean up dissy and move house! oh gawd... plus I'm a TA! What on earth was I thinking back then??? Now I have an extended dissy, but I shall try to think of it as passing on knowledge to the class. As jm said, if she's Plato, I'm Aristotle. (ok, private joke. dun think I'm even good enough for that) LOL! *fingers crossed*

How funny the way I measure time, for I remember more clearly the things I were suffering for, rather than the happy times I filled it in between with, like going on short trips or meeting up with friends for casual talks, and of course, meeting wonderful new friends. I am not sad that school is starting, but rather I am sad because I do not have 48 hours a day. Having to give up doing some things I love, or rather streamlining my timetable would be more wise for now. Thank God I did a year-out, or else I would be totally blank in archi. prac. lectures. Hopefully it'll be more of a refresher course. Anyway, the year out was good as it allowed me to explore other arenas, to grow deeper in my search of self and God, to spend time brushing up my cooking and baking skills, working on my health and falling back in love with reading. I've managed to grow out of watching drama series and the tv (simply because I have no cable and normal channels here suck, I'm sorry). Looking back, I've never had such a peaceful holiday, doing things I need to do and doing things I love doing, without being disturbed! Life can be blissful I tell you.


Anyway, I pray that the new semester would be fulfiling and inspiring, unlike many of the previous semesters in my undergraduate days. And I pray that throughout the semester, I will grow, intellectually, spiritually and physically stronger. How I will juggle all of them? Only God will know. I pray He will guide me and my friends, as we take this final (for Masters that is) journey filled with grace and love. Amen =)

No comments: