Sunday, March 25, 2007

front
back

After a very long day on Thursday, I spent Friday rushing out the t-shirt design for my hall's final years. The final years' dinner was initially scheduled for 5th of April, which is a sure miss for me since submission is on the 9th, but last I heard, they're trying to push it to the 9th, which means I'll be attending it looking like a zombie. Anyway, I thought the designs came out rather... nicely, despite the last minute rush and the front shirt looking like a bullet target. I wanted us all to have a non-hall tee, something that's beyond the typical hall tees that we've all been having all these years. Hopefully I managed to achieve that. Well, I'll judge its success when I hear the grapevine.

Interim didn't go as well as I hope it would. Probably my worst, and my entire studio's worst crit ever. I have a tutor who can't read plans, one crit who only cares about the poetics of space and probably only one who gave the most useful comments, but still wasn't helpful. I did find my session useful, although I spent a lot of time at the start arguing with them on how students behave in halls and dormitories. One tutor even commented, saying how if his son is not romping around, necking and kissing in the halls, he'll think there's something wrong with his son. 0_o"! Hmm, then there's certainly something wrong with me, because in his words, humans have raging hormones, and so... I'm such a flawed human. Anyway, all those comments were brought up because he thought I was building on the green. Sigh. Furthermore, my tutor won't be around next week, so I guess it's self-reliance all the way till submission for now.

I find it ironic that all of us are stuck in the rut, some worse than others, some having to start all over again. Theoretically, being in the 4th year of study would entail in better designs, quality work and a more logical approach, but it seems so topsy turvy now. How do we unlearn all the clutter we've accumulated along the way? All I see around me now are jaded architecture students, tired of the workload, tired of the way it is, just plain exhausted. Well, victory is not ours till we fight the last battle.
Did we not learn eons ago that 'Every cloud has a silver lining' ? :)

8 comments:

ZJ said...

i want!!!

lostsheep said...

u sure you want the shirt? haha, it's my hall shirt dear, don't think you wanna be wearing a kent ridge hall around kl?

thanks for wanting it! that's great support! :P happy last week of work, happy new week of liberty!

ZJ said...

no one's gonna know what that t-shirt originate from unless they're from there la darling.

hey.. the design is simple. the way i like it.

dun care... i still want!!! what size available?

lostsheep said...

there are the usual sizes la. think you can fit an xs or s. hmm, the orders are in already. i'll check and see if I can add another order for you.

well, since you like it, I'll give it to you! (provided I can get one for you :P. weee

ZJ said...

s should be fine la. xs probably wont fit due to my broad shoulders.

YAY.... for once the lostsheep is giving me something for free!!!

lostsheep said...

ok. shirt ordered. i put your name as 'chao', is that fine? (shirt comes with personalized names)

zzz... i'm not so KIAMSIAP k.. haha

lostsheep said...

oh yeah, and i can't promise that the design will come out as nice on the shirt, because it never does! it depends entirely on the printers.but heck, you're getting it free :P

ZJ said...

Yay... love you *hugs*