Was in the midst of cleaning up my stuff when I found an ants' nest. Y-U-C-K-S!!!!
There were eggs and all.
It was like a bugs horror movie.
Aside from spending half my time killing the ants and wiping them away (I'm feeling all pukey), I managed to clear out some stuff. I don't think I'm throwing enough things away yet. How did I managed to accumulate so much rubbish over 4+years?Ok. Half my boxes are books and notes, articles, etc. The other half are just miscellaneous items. Looks like I have to start being selective and throwing things away (forced to be unsentimental). It was fun looking through my stuff though. Now I need to be more systematic about which box contains what items for easier reference.
Man, I wish I can just throw everything away. Just looking at some things make me think of a lot of wasted money.
p/s: I found a note to me asking me to be less of a man-hater. Clearly, that writer doesn't understand me at all. I can't believed I've been labeled as such for 4 years. It has made my life pretty miserable for 4 years, it could be partly a sabotage. Makes one very angry and pissed doesn't it? I LIKE men (i.e. I do not dig girls nor am I a bi), but I do not just like any type of men. Geez, some people just think they know you best. Obviously, the note has gone into the bin. No hard feelings. I'm not a meanie
Wednesday, May 23, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
you should take a picture before you became godzilla :p so i guess you can create a sideline for insect sanctuary! HAHAHA...
oh... and we have our own reasons of being putting up as such labels. personally, be a person of your own first. when the right one walks into our life, we'll appreciate more after all these while.
eee!!!
icky acky yucky!! i sorta know how u feel.. i had a small teeny tiny bee / hornet / waspy nest thingy underneath the keyboard holder of my computer table!! blearghhh
luckily it was empty *whew!!!* but yah. it's damn gross lah!!! maybe u could have sprayed insecticide all over so the silly ants would be immobilised before u clean up.. eek!!!!!! puke puke. now i also feel grossed out -_-"""
-yew noe hoo i am :P
THANKS for LAUGHING, chao.
even if I was the godzilla, those ants would have probably happily ignored me. Luckily I had Ridsect at home. Such a handy weapon... beats having a sword anytime. When I sprayed the Ridsect, the first instinct for the ants were to run with their eggs. How gross is that??
Anyway, ant sanctuary? No thank you.
Miss Ang, yucks. I've seen those wasp/bee nest before. They're as gross, but at least they're concentrated in an area and not spread out, hiding beneath my files and layers of notes. Yucks. Gave me the reason to throw those stuff away.
Chao: Don't you find labeling demeaning/insensitive at times? I do suppose it can be a harmless joke once or twice, but to be labeled as such infinitely, it tends to get on your nerves, till you start thinking, am I really such a person? It's almost like hypnosis.Repetition of false information causes a blur between fact and fiction. Some people are so hypocritical that you don't know whom you can start trusting anymore.
you're WELCOME XD
hey, who would ever thought that Ms YMH was into ant cultivation? Sheep and cats understood la but ants....?
oh yeah... if lets say your home is in danger like natural disaster or fire etc, wont you save your child first?? duh~
i guess it depends on how we view labels. sometimes we accept in the sense that too many people who say the same things cant be far too wrong. but on the other hand, if it's just too unjustified and we KNOW it's bullshit... well, stick to what we know. can just forget them as they actually dont really know you. or you can choose to ignore them completely.
no, ant cultivation is out of the question. never ever crossed my mind, never will. if you like, I can help you start one?
Save what child wor.... they have millions of eggs and the Queen.
hmm... extremely good advice. Anyway, that was the one and only note from an mcp who has never ever said anything positive to me in a good way. Always finding fault in fact, and reminding me of things I do not want to be remembered of. Well, it's good to turn a deaf ear, but sometimes, it's like a broken recorder, and you can't stop it till you throw it out. You lose that nagging, irritating voice behind and then finally, life is peaceful again.
Anyway, good thing to know is that, it was only said by one or two people. That doesn't qualify for the statistics rite? Haha. Like you said, don't some people just understand that we just like being single? It's such an ancient mindset that if you're not hitched by your mid-20s, you're stuck on the shelf for life. The perks of being single could possibly outweigh the perks of being attached.
"The perks of being single could possibly outweigh the perks of being attached." -- i agree man!! aiii don't get too affected by it lah, easier said than done, but if u think the 'accusation' is unjustified and totally no basis, then u can happily just ignore it :)
life is sometimes like a mosquito bite. before the bite, everything goes on normally. and after the bite, it gets damn itchy and irritating, but after a while, ur life gets normalised again :D
hehe..
anyway u have better things to think about right? :)
anyway some people (like u) are far more independent than others might accept / think they are. so... to heck with what others think!
*meow*
they have millions of eggs and the Queen
i dont wanna talk about nature. but the rate that ants get killed for their super tiny size... dont you think they might view it as doomsday? whatever is hard to maintain always appear in a extreme population.
well, unfortunately the last line doesnt apply to a particular species of the kind of homosapiens that we'd like have!
'whatever is hard to maintain always appear in a extreme population'
yeah, so totally agree with you. oh well, nature's balance?
missy ang, haha, that sentence doesn't apply to you!!! haha, you should be happily settled now, probably even thinking of marriage and all. but thanks for the words of encouragement. it's ok if the mozzie bites once, but if done repeatedly, you'll develop a rash reaction.
yup, we all have better things in life than a small mozzie bite. I'm pretty sure life has a greater purpose than to dwell on the trivial issues.
Post a Comment