The cost of a chair, can buy me 3 tables. Oh stupid IKEA. Their furniture's not all that fantastic but yet, it's the best around. SIGH.
After purchasing a desk and a swivel chair today, I lapsed into a panic mode. The money left my wallet so easily, but the saving was tough. It took me the entire semester of stinging so that I can afford a table and a chair? Ok, not just a table and a chair, but those two alone already cost quite a sum. What more to pay for the transport fee? It took me a few weeks to get the hang of liberation from school and living the life of an adult, and it sucks.
There are things we'd all like to hang on to, there are things we got to let go. There were moments of happiness, there are new moments to come. Moments of carefree, moments of total responsibility. Life was tough 6 years ago, but luckily God provided for me. Transition through uni was slightly easier for me thanks to the 2 years of 'training'. Now, I must say I am glad that it's not as difficult because I have at least support here, but still, I don't want to be dependent on others. Why am I making such a big fuss over a table and a chair? It's because I've spent on connecting the internet, my daily food expenditure, transport, electricity bills, water bills, phone bills, books, photocopying... is this list ever going to end? I have not even allocated expenditure for clothes!
Sometimes, don't you wish you were a kid again? Living under the protective arms of your parents, not worrying about whether you will have a shelter over your head, food to eat and clothes to wear? If only life was easier, I'd probably have more faith in it. Life was never meant to be this hard.
Meanwhile, I'll just enjoy my swivel chair, munching bread and fruits. Weather's getting really humid though. It's hard to sit on leather and not sweat. I'm hoping for a change in weather soon. That'll be a good sign of positive things to come.
Wednesday, May 09, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment