Friday, June 08, 2007

Carrot Cake from Marmalade@ Bangsar 2 Village Shopping Centre
Comes with heart stopping home-made marmalade... slurrrrrrp!
And while you're there, try the scones. It's heavenly with the jam and if you like, cream.


I had the most bowls of chu yuk yun fen in a single trip home. I like the kon lou style because it's simple and yummy. I find the kon lou noodles back home are less oily than the ones here (i.e. you don't see the oil floating around at the bottom of the bowl), especially the minced pork noodle which may be yummy but terribly oily. Apparently, the kon lou noodles just use a few types of black sauce and sesame oil and voila, super delicious!

Anyway, my sis and I tried the fen at Bangsar and at Jalan Gasing. Jalan Gasing's one is one standard higher than the Bangsar one but the Bangsar's one is already superb. I'm drooling already. Anyway, the short trip home was a great comfort to me, getting to see my family again and be in familiar settings. I am familiar here, but home is home and will always be home. The essence of home is different in terms of
the people, food, places and smell. Even the rainy afternoons in PJ coupled with vicious lightning and thunderstorms sends a sense of familiarity to me. Knowing that it rains cats and dogs in the afternoons, the highway jams at 5pm, needing to rush to the mall at 10am just to get a parking lot on weekends, sweating without needing to run, great food everywhere around the corner, and sipping teh tarik at mamak stalls keeps me sane, providing me the comfort that I can always return to a land that I'm not a foreigner, nor a stranger just walking by. A place that I have local knowledge and great confidence in. Of course, sometimes, a great sense of fear too with funny people around. It can never hurt to be too careful around people in public places.





Meanwhile back in Singapore....

Imagine you're in the kitchen preparing food, the only view to enjoy is the raw food and the blue skies, then suddenly...






Someone's washing their dirty laundry in public

CAN YOU IMAGINE THIS RIGHT SMACKED IN YOUR FACE????
!@$%@# This is why I hate living in flats. Inconsiderate neighbours who happily display their undergarments to me! At least I'm in the comfort of knowing that the neighbour is a family, and not a
chi ko pek. It will be flattering if it's a handsome guy but still freaky. Either the neighbour don't know how to hang their clothes or they think this is a great intimate display. Either way, I wish they would honour my public space, just because I don't hang my clothes out like they do, doesn't give them the permission to tread onto my air. Gosh. People can be so inconsiderate. Wonder what bacteria am I breathing now?

Can you imagine. My grandpa's neighbour once complained about us hanging our clothes at the balcony(we stay in a bungalow, with at least 10m apart), hence forcing us to relocate the drying area. What about this??? Can I sue them to get some cash???
Boo hoo. Call me spoilt or pampered, but this is crossing the line!

No comments: