I was going through my stuff today and I found a container full of rubber bands. If I asked anyone to guess how I got them, the first answer would be,'You bought them'.
Sounds reasonable, but wrong.
I don't know if anyone else in hall does it but all my rubber bands come from the ta pao packets, collected over the years. There were probably more, misplaced somewhere. Shows how often I eat in the dining hall eh? I only do that after submission or on nights that I feel really really tired out from work. Otherwise, it'll be ta pao or occasionally, a game of vball then ta pao. I do make exception once in a while to eat with studio mates, but usually, I try not to waste food that I've paid for. People who know me well would have stopped asking me for dinner after studio. Persistence do pay off sometimes, and that's when the company's good or when I'm feeling happy. Otherwise, I rather not waste good money. A dinner typically costs $2.40, so if I miss that because of draggy studio sessions, I rather cook noodles or have bread.
I suppose it's a conflict between studio bonding and wanting to save money. Well, this year has been a good year, managed to save up quite a lot, and I've been dining a lot in the dining hall after submission, which means I have plenty of time to spare for hall mates and stealing their studying time too. Haha. (Oh the woes of being a foreign student, we always need to think twice before taking out the wallet)
Well, a container full of rubber bands. That's my return for ta pao-ing food for 3 1/2 years! Better than leaving empty handed eh?
2 comments:
LOL... if you got too much, go tie it like what we used to do during primary highjump la!
eh... tolong jangan use the name chaos... :p LOL!!!
yes, ms beautifoooool!
you should be honoured. *snigger*
eh, my daughters are coming home! hope they'll come by sg to visit poor lonely mummy.
highjump? i'm not as flexible as i was before la! I remember I used to be able to jump pretty high, much higher than my height then. ask me to jump now and i'll probably end up with a displaced hip!
Post a Comment