Anyway, on to the photos....
My beloved Penang, past and present. A place only Penangites can really understand and appreciate its innate charm. Let's not talk about romanticising its architectural heritage, because amazingly, most of its buildings are genuinely still the same, not painted over with tenants evicted so that it can sell trinkets to attract tourists as a Chinatown.
The uniform body I devoted my time to most to the extent that my Discipline Mistress complained to my Guider that I spent too much time in Rangers than in Prefects. I felt a little guilty for that, but hey, I did what I was required to do for Prefects, just that I did more for guides. Haha. Anyway, one can't go on being a girl guide forever. Smile, be happy, glad to have done it, but we all need to move on. Being stuck in the past is a no-no for me. Anyway, I enjoyed painting those super tall and long banners, esp the dragon. I've not seen scouts elsewhere in the world as talented as Penang scouts, seriously.
* Ok I posted a pic of the sea scouts cos alvin sent me this pic. I have more at home but they're all on paper. In those days, sad to say, Free Sch scouts were not the most good looking ones but it was the Mandarin speaking CLHS that had the most yan daos. Sad to say, my Mandarin sucked then and so did my Hokkien, or else, I'd made quite a few good friends with some of them. We tried staying in touch thru icq, but our languages clashed. Haha. Need I say more? Opps, I hope no FreeSch guys are reading this now.I grew up on Malaysian food, and it's impossible to convert. Hence, I always end up eating Jap food or Western food here whenever I eat out. I seriously do not understand how can people make such a big fuss here. My logic is, the less you advertise on something, the higher the value it carries because there simply is no need for such expensive marketing on something so ... bland. Oopz.
Some of my best buddies. Our group is really tight and huge, the perks of being in a small school. Well, it can get pretty bitchy, but we love each other just as well. It's the way guys in the male schools bond, as we girls rock! I've been with most of them 11 years of my life, that's practically the whole of primary and secondary school. We grew up with each other, going to each other's house for projects, parties, or just to play/hang out. Haha, yes, we hang out at our friend's homes and not outside at a mall. Some I've carpooled with to tuition, we've had practices together,class events,camps, singing, and lots of gossiping in class. Hmm, I think I get along well with people who can gossip well, that makes... all of us!! Hahaha. Nah, these girls not only have long antennas, they're people with substance, baby! So, all of us deserve better than mediocre, don't we? The sage says: Always go for the best, and not for the one that you can reach easily or is convenient.
Some of my JC buddies whom I've been staying in touch with. I must admit, it's not the same without them, always willing to help and lend an ear, and they always give advice that is beneficial and to the best of my interest. They really care for our well-being and don't give selective advice. They're are frank and honest. These are the most trustworthy type of friends one can get for I believe that a friendship is only real when people can be frank to one another without one party being such a wuss. No pain no gain.
Then, of course, there's uni. The beginning of my career training, my understanding of Architecture and the sweet and sour that comes with it. I've had some of the best tutors I can get and respect, made friends with interesting people, and people who are willing to share the word of God with me. I'm thankful that it's now almost over, hence marking the end of a long journey, but I'm looking forward to going back to school with a stronger understanding and more solid foundation eversince the Harvard grad rocked it last sem. Also, the year off is a good time for me to unlearn some things, rubbish that I've picked up along the way and start afresh.
Tagged as anti-social, nerd, hardworking or 'lazy cos she doesn't want to go out' or what other nonsensical labels (again), I have my reasons for being caved in hall, reasons that are pointless explaining to people because such things need no explanation. It's either lack of understanding or I simply can't enjoy the company enough to spend a few hours with them. Also, sometimes it's due to the lack of cash or sometimes, it's just forced, a gesture or politeness and 'pai-sehness'.
Funny how my hall-mates only tag me as busy. They understand me and leave me alone, so long as I play for the hall. They're the ones to show concern, sympathy( when I'm in pain from model making) and care. They encourage me and drop by to see if I'm dead or alive. The best I've ever got from my school mates are 'jia you' (and of course me and my friend used to have a waking up system, whereby we'd call each other up in case we oversleep). Other times, it's just friends asking 'What have you finished?' or 'What are you going to present?' or 'I'm dead' or 'Do you want anything from Macs?'. See how different the environment is? No wonder I choose the more nurturing one.
Oh dear, I'm really wordy. Sorry Chao. Shows that I'm cheong hei, but what's new? Hehe. Sometimes, pictures alone can only express so much. That's why literature books sell better than photography books! Haha, perhaps I'm just a typical Aquarian. I'm the odd one in the horoscope. It's hard to understand me but once you figure out how to, I'll be your friend for life. ;)
To all my friends who've stuck by me thick and thin, who has never harboured bad feelings towards me, who never had ill-intentions towards me and know me inside out , a great big hug to this special group of people!

3 comments:
interesting one though, mien.
hahaha... couldnt you get a better picture? i hope you didnt steal that from me.. :p
hey, individuality is the spice.
boo. that pic was from my cam ! haha.
so rightfully, I own it. Haha. I have another one, slightly different position, but a lil blur.
moo hoo. am I suppose to tag someone else?
just name your victims on the post. then tag (inform) the person they've been tagged.
Post a Comment