Monday, May 29, 2006

#2 You’ll get older but not necessarily wiser

I believe that God lets me speak to people of all sorts, that I may learn from them. There's one girl whose strength I really commend, for her ability to pick herself up so fast after a great fall. In fact, it was a series of falls, so I guess picking herself up sort of became something that she learnt along the way... like cushioning the impact. A pessimist would have said 'This is the end of the world", brood over it, stay at home and let the dark cloud reside over. An optimist would have said " For every thing that doesn't kill you, it can only make you stronger" and carries on with life and an important lesson learnt.

We pondered over the justice of the system and how fairness is not equal. I wondered how a series of happenings could lead to such an outcome. Was it God's will? The part that I was most touched during our conversation was this line that she quoted. She said she was told that she has a lot of good friends around her and she feels it's true. Then I felt like we've all been cheating each other and we've all short-changed ourselves. Perhaps, we could have been more idealistic and aim towards a common goal. You know, offer a bit more time for the good of all. I have always dreamt of an ideal condition whereby everyone is selfless, but from past experiences, we usually end up more bitter than ever. We always pay lip service to the resolving each others problems, but words remain as they are.

Nothing has changed, nothing to sulk over. Just many puzzling and complex issues of life that will yet remain an enigma. We all get older, yes, but depending on the experiences that we encounter, and the trials and tribulations that shook the ground we stand upon, and if we consciously learn along the way, then yes, hopefully, we've grown a tad wiser and stronger too.

Jeremiah 29:11
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, " plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future".

No comments: