ok,so it was
3 men. ( 2 Brits and 1 Indian. So lucky the God of Details couldn't be there today)
30 minutes
15 mins of British humour
30 minutes
15 mins of British humour
Woah. What an experience. All I can say is... I'm glad they liked it. Hope my grades won't get marked down. I guess, life is not always to your favour. You get your fair share of good and bad. I guess you can say bad times are an indication of the good to come. Thanks to all those who prayed for me and wished me luck! And especially to my tutor, who was there all the way, her presence was a comfort to me. No stumbling over my speech or mumbling like I did when I went through it with Cheryl, who was patient enough to help me correct my sentences. And boy, their style of critique is certainly different. Well, they kept insisting to the first two that they're having a discussion, not a critique. Hmm.. maybe this is a taste of what's to come next sem.... hee... BBC!!!
Statements of the day:
#1 How is it that this Chinese Tea House is for the New Elderly, or rather what would you change in your architecture if it's a Chinese Tea House for the Young?
... stumped
...ask me about my favourite architect... i've prepared that!
(Even Prof Tse was surprised at their question)
#2 What is your built up area? Hmm... the place looks nice to live in. If I was a wealthy man, I'll buy up the place and live there with all the nice views.
#3 Maybe you should forget about your initial concept. You've got a form that came out nicely, but maybe you should (his voice kept droning on and on and on, and the other ang moh tried speaking but this guy wouldn't let him)
#4 I could almost imagine myself there, kick away the old guy in the wheelchair and take a long walk down. You architecture is about circulation (which I think they liked) and I think it could even be for the young
Ok. They were speaking so fast (British accent) that I was trying hard to catch all their words. Furthermore, the two of them kept interrupting each other.Bah, like trying to compete to see who can say it first. Funny how they liked the form. WYC thought I didn't resolve the admin part well, but these 3 fellas thought it came up quite nicely. Gah. One close architecture friend of mine had a totally opposite view. Lesson to be learnt: One man's meat is another man's poison.
Que sera sera, what will be will be.
Time to lay back, relax, and earn some money.
No comments:
Post a Comment