Sunday, August 19, 2007

awed by his voice ..... and piano

I think my pastor is amazing. He knows who is new in church and who is not. Managed to shake hands with him for the first time today (after 2 years since his appointment!), but he had a chat with a friend of mine who has been there for just about a month, asking him if he's new to the church. I guess I don't need that kind of attention anymore *blush*, although it'll be nice to chat with the pastor.

Anyway, today's service was immaculate, thanks to the pianist! The sounds that he produces and the voice that vibrates in the hall made my skin tingle. I've not had that kind of sensation in ages, and for the first time, his music penetrated deep beneath my skin. His voice reverberated with praise and worship. He is B.Greer

He, his wife and their 4 sons are very talented musicians, gifts from the heavens. I would equate his piano skills to that of Richard Clayderman or better. I like his bold arrangement of Majesty. Sigh, such talent is so rare!

*********************************************

Anyway, I bought a book recently and would like to quote from it

It contains short stories of daily wisdom on religion and the everyday life.
Here's the story:

A man asked my friend: 'What is the human being's funniest characteristic?"
The friend answered " Our contradictoriness. We are in such a hurry to grow up, and then we long for our lost childhood. We make ourselves ill earning money, then spending our money on getting well again. We think so much about the future that we neglect the present, and thus experience neither the present nor the future. We live as if we were never going to die, and die as if we had never lived.


1 comment:

ZJ said...

sheepie... non-related ya.

you've been tagged by me!